Re: [JunkMail] BDB corruption on every unclean shutdown

man, 12.01.2004 kl. 04.05 skrev Ace Suares:

> > Try reading http://www.openldap.org/faq/index.cgi?file=893
>
> Excellent Documentation Mr. Chu ! And thanks for the link, I hadn't
> accidentally stumbled upon it yet.
>
> I definetely have enough information now to finally make the decision to go
> back to back-ldbm.

Surely you cannot mean this? I'd never go back; one of the reasons why
is given in Sleepycat's BDB fine introductory documentation.

Put it another way: Why do you think the Openldap developers made the
decision to move to BDB from ldbm in the first place?

Put it yet another way: Even RedHat with her insane policy of sticking
to Openldap release 2.0.27, has moved to BDB 4.1.25, with the upgrade
RHEL 2 -> RHEL 3. And most (if not all) the heavyweights on this list
have gritted their teeth and adopted BDB.

Reverting to ldbm would be like an airline company taking the decision
to trade back its jet-driven MD-90 fleet for prop-driven Skymasters
(goodness that dates me, I've flown in both :)

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl