Van: Voglmaier, Reinhard Erich [mailto:rv33100@gsk.com]
Verzonden: maandag 12 januari 2004 15:29
Aan: 'Geert Reijnders';openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Onderwerp: RE: o and c or dc?

actually there are three :

*	the traditional style inherited from X.500: such as o=test,c=nl
*	the DNS style: o=test.nl
*	the domain component style: dc=test,dc=nl

the second one fits quite well in DNS lookup mechanisms, the third one is the one used very frequently. There's however ( imho ) no technical reason ( general vaild ) why to prefer one over the other. It depends heaviliy on your implementation and your IT infrastrucure,  .naming style , ....

best
reinhard