OpenLDAP MinGW Build: select() required

I'm trying to build OpenLDAP under Cygwin/MinGW as outlined here:

I've successfully been able to follow every part of the FAQ on performing a
build, however, during the OpenLDAP autoconfig, it is unable to find
select().  Can someone provide some insight as to what steps I should take
at this point?  I've seen a lot of mention on the mailing list about people
being able to get a MinGW build working on windows, so I'd appreciate any
help.

Trace Output:

jraneses@origin /cygdrive/d/Development/OpenLDAP/builds/3/openldap-2.2.4
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mingw --host=i686-pc-mingw32
Copyright 1998-2003 The OpenLDAP Foundation. All rights reserved.
        Restrictions apply, see COPYRIGHT and LICENSE files.
Configuring OpenLDAP 2.2.4-Release ...
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking target system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gnutar... no
checking for gtar... no
checking for tar... tar
checking configure arguments... done
checking for ar... ar
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... yes
checking for EMX OS/2 environment... no
checking how to run the C preprocessor... mgcc -E
checking for gcc... mgcc
checking whether the C compiler (mgcc  -I/usr/local/mingw/include
-L/usr/local/mingw/lib) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (mgcc  -I/usr/local/mingw/include
-L/usr/local/mingw/lib) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether mgcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/ld.exe
checking if the linker (/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/ld.exe) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/ld.exe option to reload object
files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... file_magic file format
pei*-i386(.*architecture: i386)?
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... .exe
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for dlfcn.h... no
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for dlltool... dlltool
checking for as... as
checking for objdump... objdump
checking if libtool should supply DllMain function... no
checking how to link DLLs... -mdll
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for mgcc option to produce PIC... -DDLL_EXPORT
checking if mgcc PIC flag -DDLL_EXPORT works... yes
checking if mgcc static flag -static works... yes
checking if mgcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if mgcc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if mgcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/i686-pc-mingw32/bin/ld.exe) supports
shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... Win32 ld.exe
creating libtool
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... (cached) yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... mgcc -E
checking for Cygwin environment... (cached) no
checking for mingw32 environment... (cached) yes
checking for executable suffix... (cached) .exe
checking for object suffix... (cached) o
checking for be_app in -lbe... no
checking for mgcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for mgcc depend flag... -M
checking for afopen in -ls... no
checking for EBCDIC... no
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for dirent.h that defines DIR... yes
checking for opendir in -ldir... no
checking for sys/wait.h that is POSIX.1 compatible... no
checking POSIX termios... no
checking whether use of TIOCGWINSZ requires sys/ioctl.h... no
checking for arpa/inet.h... no
checking for arpa/nameser.h... no
checking for assert.h... yes
checking for bits/types.h... no