RE: EVEN YET MORE Problem building openldap

Thanks Vadim, I think I'm finally beginning to see the light,
maybe <grin>.

I got the berkeley db to show, but -lgssapi is not accepted either
from the LIBS in configure or from the environment.

So I decided to dump MIT kerberos and try Heimdal and have run into
 problems with it during make. (v0.6)

About then I'm pretty frustrated with AIX so I moved the exact
same stuff to a tru64 v5.1b box and after a few miscues everything
is installed.  If it will run is a different matter but at least
it is there to start doing some configuring and testing.
(used HPs tru64 cc and make instead of gcc and gnu make)

Perhaps I need to install some stuff from the IBM OpenSource cd they
sent with the os.  I will dig around on that.

Investigations will continue since management insists that we will
buy AIX because it is the greatest thing since sliced bread and pop
top beer cans.