Von: North, Walter [mailto:wnorth@state.mt.us]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. Januar 2004 21:08
An: Openldap (E-mail)
Betreff: EVEN YET MORE Problem building openldap

Thanks to

Vadim Tarassov (and others whose email I inadvertanly erased thus
	losing their names) who pointed out some things for me to check
Quanah Gibson-Mount who informed me of kerb 5 issues and recommends
		heimdal 0.6
Dieter Kluenter who told me I needed cyrus sasl 2.1.16 at least
	(I found 2.1.17 and used it)

Unfortunately it still does not find the SASL libraries which
are in /usr/local/lib  libsasl2.a & libsasl2.1a

For some reason even tho I include /usr/local/lib in the LDFLAGS and / or
in the LIBPATH the ./configure cannot find it.

AFter all the suggestions and help it seems to come down to some
problem between configure (or something) in the openldap dist and
AIX v5.2.

At this point I'm out of ideas as my knowledge of C is not great
enough to try to get /usr/local/lib in there.

Since I have had to put the include dirs and lib dirs in the CPPFLAGS
and LDFLAGS to get openssl, BerkeleyDB and anything else I wanted
on openldap is it possible something like libtool is busted as far
as working with AIX v5.2 is concerned?

Has anyone out there actually gotten openldap with sasl to compile
for AIX v5.2?

Color me Stumped.....

Walter North 406-444-2914
Operating Systems Programmer