Re: Questions about back-sql

>> > I understand that back-sql implements only a subset of functionality
>> but  I have expected, reading the back-sql manual, that a ldapsearch
>> query  with a filter for objectclass values works correctly.
>> Then, can you provide a complete example of what you're trying to do,
>> including rdbms you're using, what data, what back-sql mapping,
>> and so, and a clear description of the operation (a search, I assume)
>> you're trying to perform?  Finally, what software version?
>
> This feature does not work, at least not for me.
> back-sql recipe -
> ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/projects/awilliam/misc-ldap/ogo-back-sql-create.sql
> - using OpenLDAP 2.1.25
>
> Although all "account" objectclass's also have an auxilliary objectclass
> of "opengroupwareentity" (so I can provide the opengroupware primary key
> ID) searching by that objectclass does not work.
>
> Otherwise back-sql works great,  lets people with applications like
> Eudora or Evolution pull data from the RDBMS, which is just cool beyond
> words.

I have an enhancement for back-sql, that honors searches
on objectClass superiors, e.g. if you defined an objectClass
"inetOrgPerson", a search for "objectClass=person" returns it.

It's not exactly what you need, I guess, but it's part of it.
The same could apply to attribute inheritance.

I'll commit it to HEAD ASAP, together with some more cleanup.

Ando.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it