Re: Problem building openldap

Hallo Walter,

Why don't you look in config.log immidiately after you executed configure? I don't know what went wrong, but I am sure it will be easy find out from that file what was missing. Or send config.log here, hope we will be able to see something ...

Cheers, vadim tarassov.

North, Walter wrote:

A while back I posted a problem I was/am having building openldap.
I received a couple suggestions but they did me no good. (thanks anyway for trying)

So, I'll try again with more info.

After consulting the openldap FAQ for hints, and the other parts as well,
I run into a problem.

I want to use openldap along with samba so I need to put in kerberos,
berkeley db and sasl.

I have an AIX rs6000 running v5.2 (which could possibly be my problem, AIX that is)
gcc v3.3.1 is the compiler
make 3.79.1 is make

kerberos5 1.3.1 installs ok.
Berkeley DB v4.2.52 installs ok
SASL 2.1.15 seems to be happily installed
	I put in the liked to /usr/lib/sasl2 as directed.

Now, for openldap v2.1.25

As suggested, LIBPATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib/sasl2:/usr/local/lib/sasl2
	(overkill on the sasl2 part)
env CC=gcc CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include
-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/include" \
LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.1/lib" \
./configure --enable-shared=no --with-threads=no

All the options were either suggested, or the result of bad things
happening.

The configure goes along finding everything until it gets to SASL

get this warning:

checking for sasl/sasl.h... yes
checking for sasl.h... no
checking for sasl_client_init in -lsasl2... no
checking for sasl_client_init in -lsasl... no
configure: warning: Could not locate Cyrus SASL
configure: warning: SASL authentication not supported!

it finds the sasl headers but apparently not the libraries.
I even added the libraries to the LDFLAGS but get the same thing.

make depend and make seemed to run just fine with no references other
then in the gcc lines concerning sasl

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks much in advance.

----------------------------------------------------- Walter North 406-444-2914 Operating Systems Programmer wnorth (at) state (dot) mt (dot) us