Re: email clients accessing openldap

> I followed the connection log from slapd and found out, that the
> addressbook never even asks for private information... I need the
> ldap addressbook to be compatible with outlook and mozilla. I know
> about mozilla's xmozillaXXXX but I'm afraid xmozilla attributes are
> incompatible with outlook or any other ldap client requesting
> information.

mozilla's LDAP support is crap.  You have two options -

1.) Mozilla is open source, you can hack it to use something resembling
a mainstream schema.
2.) You can use rewrite rules to present attributes as different names;
you'll just have to figure out a way to determine what set of attribute
names the client wants.  Perhaps a "virtual" ou for Mozilla clients, and
another for Outlook,  rewritten from a real ou that actually contains
the data.  Look at the rewrite stuff in the documentation and FAQ.

> slapd[634]: conn=7 op=1 SRCH attr=display-name cn commonName mail otherMailbox givenName sn surname st c co organizationName o ou organizationalUnitName URL homePhone facsimileTelephoneNumber otherFacsimileTelephoneNumber OfficeFax mobile otherPager OfficePager pager info title telephoneNumber l homePostalAddress postalAddress streetAddress street department comment postalCode physicalDeliveryOfficeName initials conferenceInformation userCertificate;binary userSMIMECertificate;binary labeledURI Manager Reports IPPhone

These are attributes from the officeperson schema, do you have that
loaded?