Re: OpenLDAP config issues

> On Sun, 2004-01-04 at 07:41, Jagga Daku wrote:
>> Hi Guys,
>>
>> I am new to this list, so I hope I am posting at the right place.  I
>> have
>> successfully (finally!!) configured openldap on my redhat 9.0 box and
>> can
>> do a ldapsearch without any issues:
>>
>> -bash-2.05b# ldapsearch -b "dc=chamkila,dc=org" -x uid=testuser
>> # extended LDIF
>> #
>> # LDAPv3
>> # base <dc=chamkila,dc=org> with scope sub
>> # filter: uid=testuser
>> # requesting: ALL
>> #
>>
>> # testuser, People, CHAMKILA.ORG
>> dn: uid=testuser,ou=People,dc=CHAMKILA,dc=ORG
>> uid: testuser
>> cn: testuser
>> objectClass: account
>> objectClass: posixAccount
>> objectClass: top
>> userPassword:: e2NyeXB0fXg=
>> loginShell: /bin/bash
>> uidNumber: 541
>> gidNumber: 542
>> homeDirectory: /home/testuser
>>
>> # search result
>> search: 2
>> result: 0 Success
>>
>> # numResponses: 2
>> # numEntries: 1
>>

>> However, when I try and search from outlook or netscape, it does not
>> return any results for this same user.
>>
>> ------
>> My /usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf:
>>
>> include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
>> include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
>> include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
>> include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
>> include         /etc/openldap/schema/misc.schema
>> include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema
>> include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema
>> pidfile         //var/run/slapd.pid
>> argsfile        //var/run/slapd.args
>> access to attr=userPassword
>>          by self write
>>          by anonymous    read
>>          by dn="cn=Manager,dc=chamkila,dc=org" write
>>          by *    compare
>> access to *
>>          by self write
>>          by dn="cn=Manager,dc=chamkila,dc=org" write
>>          by *    read
>> allow bind_v2
>> database        bdb
>> suffix          "dc=chamkila,dc=org"
>> rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=chamkila,dc=org"
>> rootpw          {SSHA}nR89LnqEDPE9fgVCP4zGK47/ipMtpTLT
>> directory       /usr/local/var/openldap-data
>> index  objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid   eq
>> index  cn,mail,surname,givenname                       eq,subinitial
>>
>> --------
>>
>> My /usr/local/etc/openldap/ldap.conf:
>> HOST 127.0.0.1
>> BASE dc=chamkila,dc=org
>>
>> --------
>>
>> My base.ldif:
>> dn: dc=CHAMKILA,dc=ORG
> [...]
Hi Craig,

I was able to lookup the users using Netscape and Outlook after using
ou=People,dc=chamkila,dc=org.  I will make them all lower case once I get
it up and running (this is just a test system).  Now I would like to add
email addresses for users so that they can be used through the address
book.  How should I go about doing this?  I downloaded the LDAP Explorer
Tool but can't seem to login (just lets me login using anonymous which
does not help much).  What should by my RootDN, username and password?
The howto's don't mention this at all :(

Thanks,
--
Simran Hansrai
jagga@chamkila.org

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. - Miguel de Cervantes, 1547 - 1616