Re: Master slapd doesn't update

Hallo Jorge,

First of all, you have to create a DN in your slaves, which will be allowed to update them. Assuming this DN is called

cn=updater,o=ilc

and has password abcdef

in master.conf you write

replica host=pc-ckim:389
binddn="cn=udater,o=ilc"
bindmethod=simple
credentials=abcdef

and in slave.conf you write

updatedn="cn=updater,o=ilc"

When binding to your slaves do not use this DN.

In other words
1) Create a user in your slave ldap with permission to update slave ldap.
2) Configure your master to bind to your slaves as that user
3) Do not bind to slaves as this user yourself

Best regards, vadim tarassov.

Jorge Lage wrote:

Hey thanks man! I understand a little bit more on how this master/slave
thing works.

My question now is how do I solve the problem?
Do I just change this line in the slave.conf:

updatedn="cn=admin,o=ilc"

To what?

And in the master.conf:

replica host=pc-ckim:389
binddn="cn=admin,o=ilc"
bindmethod=simple
credentials=secret

The binddn line should match the slave updatedn.

Thanks again...

Jorge E. Lage
Research & Development
Industrial Logic Corporation