Problem understanding the configuration of two databases.

I bought LDAP System Administration and was able to get the example
running without a problem. I can't seem to extend the example to be able
to use more than one database. I was hoping someone could take a quick
look at the configs and tell me where I went wrong.

Slapd starts fine, but the initial data entry via

"slapadd -v -l /etc/openldap/top.ldif" fails with the message

slapadd: line 14: database (dc=efficax,dc=net) not configured to hold
"dc=oeddev,dc=org"
slapadd: line 14: database (dc=efficax,dc=net) not configured to hold
"dc=oeddev,dc=org"

slapd.conf

# slapd.conf
#--------------------------                                                                                         # global section
                                                                                                                ## include the schemas
include /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include  /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include  /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
                                                                                                               ## added logging parameters
loglevel        296
pidfile         /usr/local/var/slapd.pid
argsfile        /usr/local/var/slapd.args
                                                                                                                ## TLS options for slapd
TLSCipherSuite          HIGH
TLSCertificateFile      /usr/share/ssl/certs/slapd.crt
TLSCertificateKeyFile   /usr/share/ssl/private/slapd.key
                                                                                                                # misc security settings
password-hash   {SSHA}
                                                                                                                allow   bind_v2
## Define the Efficax database
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=efficax,dc=net"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=efficax,dc=net"
directory       /data/openldap/efficax
rootpw          {SSHA}EfYSNru0d5j47s9SRj0c8nB8REXYVh2I
index           objectClass     eq
mode            0600
index           cn              pres,eq
cachesize       2000
schemacheck     on
lastmod         on
access to attrs=userPassword
        by self write
access to *
        by * read
## Define the OEDDEV database
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=oeddev,dc=org"
rootdn          "cn=Manager,dc=oeddev,dc=org"
rootpw          {SSHA}st10VsoIRqVs+ZAO2MkCvIIRlRSG1fqR
directory       /data/openldap/oeddev
mode            0600
index           objectClass     eq
index           cn      pres,eq