Re: authentication passwords

Craig White wrote:

I'm confused and trying to work this out.
me too, wat's exactly the problem?

it adds to the users ldap userPassword:: e2NyeXB0fSQxJFhQd01XLzBrJDZXdDZMTDJPQ2dHOE5jZHpsa041UDE=
That seems to be base64 encoded, note the double colon.

seems to me that this is one of those details that I would rather never knowing but I have to make peace between samba needs/posix needs/customer needs to have simplicity in changing their passwords.

Evidently I don't get it. Point me in a direction?
One shot in the dark, making "passwd" work for accounts in LDAP DIT requires PAM to be setup correctly.

 Paul