Re: OS for LDAP

Asif Iqbal wrote:

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003, Tibbetts, Ric wrote:

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:52:44 -0500
From: "Tibbetts, Ric" <ric.tibbetts@ngc.com>
To: Y.Ozan <yildirayo@rrenterprises.on.ca>
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: OS for LDAP

Just my .02, but we're using Solaris 9.
I uninstalled the Sun One Directory Manager, and laid OpenLDAP on it.

Whats the easiest way to uninstall Sun LDAP ? Is there a package ?

Yes, Sun One Directory Service is a package.
I dug around with pkginfo to find the bits & pieces to uninstall.
I tried having both Sun One & OpenLDAP installed side by side, but ran into pathing issues (it would at times try to use the wrong ldapadd for example). So for the sake of consistancy, I uninstalled Sun One. It was fairly painless.
The primary packages are:

SUNWlldap  (LDAP Libraries)
IPLTdscon    (Directory Server Console)
IPLTdsman   (Directory Server Documentation)
IPLTdsr          (Directory Server (root))
IPLTdsu         (Directory Server (usr))

You may run into a few dependancies in removing these, just carefully resolve them as needed.

-Ric

So far it works fine. Any problems I'm having with it, are self
inflicted. :)

-Ric

Y.Ozan wrote:

Hello everyone,

We are using Redhat for the LDAP servers and I am looking for an alternative
Unix based OS. What OS are you using for your LDAP servers or do you have
any suggestion?

Thanks,
Yildiray Ozen
RR Enterprises