Re: [Fwd: back-sql limitation / browsing]

Adam Williams wrote:
I've create a back-sql connection to the OpenGroupware
(www.opengroupware.org) server which uses PostgreSQL.  It works very
nicely; I can search and retrieve results.  But if I try to "browse" the
back-sql derived Dit with a tool like GQ I get -

"Critical extension is unavailable Additional error: control unavailable
in context"

I'm trying to determine if this is a bug in my back-sql setup, GQ, or
some type of limitation in back-sql.

Apparently, GQ (or any tool like that) is trying to set a critical control which is not available from back-sql (or slapd as a whole,
depending on its version) you should try to find it out by either
reading the documentation of the tool or looking at the slapd logs
to find out what's the control and if there's any chance of having
it working in slapd and back-sql or using the client without it.

p.

I thought this might have to do with "hasSubordinates" but if I do a query with ldapsearch hasSubordinates seems to work.

# OpenGroupware, Subsystems, estate2.whitemice.org
dn:ou=OpenGroupware,ou=Subsystems,dc=estate2,dc=whitemice,dc=org
structuralObjectClass: organizationalUnit
subschemaSubentry: cn=Subschema
hasSubordinates: TRUE

dn:uid=awilliam,ou=Accounts,ou=OpenGroupware,ou=Subsystems,dc=estate2,dc=whit
 emice,dc=org
structuralObjectClass: account
subschemaSubentry: cn=Subschema
hasSubordinates: FALSE

BTW, the OpenGroupware back-sql recipe is available at -
ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/projects/awilliam/misc-ldap/ogo-back-sql-create.sql
ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/projects/awilliam/misc-ldap/ogo-back-sql-drop.sql
ftp://ftp.kalamazoolinux.org/pub/projects/awilliam/misc-ldap/ogo-back-sql-example-objects.text

-- Dr. Pierangelo Masarati mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it LDAP Architect, SysNet s.n.c. http://www.sys-net.it

Buon Natale e felice Anno Nuovo SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497