LDAP - user addressbooks

I have a LDAP authentication system about ready to put online. I am
looking at having each user have at least a copy of their addressbook
(currently Outlook Contacts) in their own personal addressbook on the
LDAP server.

I have been googling this and see some promise here. My first question
is - if each user has a cn/uid in People:BaseDN it would make sense for
me to have the tree located for each user. Is there any reason to create
a new tree...AddressBooks:BaseDN? thus stepping out of the People:BaseDN
tree?

Are there any links that people might direct me to?

Is there any hope of having it 'synchronize' their Outlook AddressBook
to LDAP?

Thanks,

Craig