Re: interfacing with sendmail

On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 11:29, James Bourne wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Craig White wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 10:09, Erich Titl wrote:
> > > Hi

> > > Did you actually build and install sendmail.cf?
> > > Does your sendmail binary support LDAP?
> > ----
> > 2 excellent questions - No I didn't build it - was default Red Hat AS 3
> > package and I'm trying to figure out rpm command that lists config
> > choices in the build...
>
> RHEL 3 does include sendmail support for ldap, sasl, and krb5.
>
> The trick to get it to work is creating a modified sendmail.mc
> (/etc/mail/sendmail.mc is the default) then building the sendmail.cf
> from that.  Add a lines:
> define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC',`-h YOURLDAPSERVER -b YOURBASEDN -d YOURREADONLYDNIFAPPLICABLE -M simple -P /etc/mail/ldap-secret')dnl
> MASQUERADE_AS(`yourdomain.com')dnl
> LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN(yourdomain.com)dnl
---
1 - why do I need /etc/mail/secret ? Can't sendmail do anonymous lookup
if permitted by acl?

2 - '-M simple' literally? I'm not sure what this is about.

3 - I have two domains.
  a - Can I omit MASQUERADE_AS?

  b - Can I (or should I) have two LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN?
      LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN(mydomain2.com)dnl ?
      LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN(mydomain1.com)dnl ?
---

> and
>
> FEATURE(ldap_routing)dnl
>
> (Modify the MASQ settings accordingly, this is a very simplistic example)
>
> Read up on what these config values mean and you should be OK.  Remember to test
> it before production with
>
> sendmail -C /yournewconfigfile.cf -bv addresstotest@yourdomain.com
>
> This will use the attributes mailLocalAddress, mailRoutingAddress, and mailHost
> along with the objectClass inetLocalMailReceipient as defined in the Laser
> draft.  The object class was to be determined yet but what we do is
> used the OID from the iPlanet definitions:
> # OID needs to be determined
---
OK - I need to use mailLocalAddress for resolve of local emails - not
mail not rfc822Mailbox and irrespective of local DNS, put fqdn of
mailHost in (in case this is matched at pending LDAP slave server) and
can leave mailRoutingAddress blank. Since all mail is to stay on this
machine.
---
> Hope this helps.
---
I'm quite sure it did - /usr/share/sendmail-cf/README is clumsy and I
still haven't located define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC'... in it yet. I was
working from the LDAP Book by O'Reilly and is most assuredly is
different.

Thanks,

Craig