Re: interfacing with sendmail

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Craig White wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-12-22 at 10:09, Erich Titl wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > At 17:57 22.12.2003, Craig White wrote:
> > >now the problem...
> > >
> > ># sendmail -bv postmaster
> > >Segmentation fault
> >
> > Did you actually build and install sendmail.cf?
> > Does your sendmail binary support LDAP?
> ----
> 2 excellent questions - No I didn't build it - was default Red Hat AS 3
> package and I'm trying to figure out rpm command that lists config
> choices in the build...

RHEL 3 does include sendmail support for ldap, sasl, and krb5.

The trick to get it to work is creating a modified sendmail.mc
(/etc/mail/sendmail.mc is the default) then building the sendmail.cf
from that.  Add a lines:
define(`confLDAP_DEFAULT_SPEC',`-h YOURLDAPSERVER -b YOURBASEDN -d YOURREADONLYDNIFAPPLICABLE -M simple -P /etc/mail/ldap-secret')dnl
MASQUERADE_AS(`yourdomain.com')dnl
LDAPROUTE_DOMAIN(yourdomain.com)dnl

and

FEATURE(ldap_routing)dnl

(Modify the MASQ settings accordingly, this is a very simplistic example)

Read up on what these config values mean and you should be OK.  Remember to test
it before production with

sendmail -C /yournewconfigfile.cf -bv addresstotest@yourdomain.com

This will use the attributes mailLocalAddress, mailRoutingAddress, and mailHost
along with the objectClass inetLocalMailReceipient as defined in the Laser
draft.  The object class was to be determined yet but what we do is
used the OID from the iPlanet definitions:
# OID needs to be determined
#objectclass ( 2.16.840.1.113730.3.2.TBD
#       NAME 'inetLocalMailRecipient'
#       DESC 'Internet local mail recipient'
#       SUP top AUXILIARY
#       MAY     ( mailLocalAddress $ mailHost $ mailRoutingAddress ) )

# I-D leaves this OID TBD.
# iPlanet uses 2.16.840.1.113.730.3.2.147 but that appears to be
# an improperly delegated OID.  A typo is suspected.
objectclass ( 2.16.840.1.113730.3.2.147
        NAME 'inetLocalMailRecipient'
        DESC 'Internet local mail recipient'
        SUP top AUXILIARY
        MAY     ( mailLocalAddress $ mailHost $ mailRoutingAddress ) )

Hope this helps.

Regards
James

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."

This  communication  is intended for the use  of the recipient to which it is
addressed,  and  may  contain  confidential,  personal,  and   or  privileged
information.  Please  contact  the  sender  immediately  if  you  are not the
intended recipient of this  communication, and  do not  copy, distribute,  or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent
reply, should be deleted or destroyed.