libldap.a error.

 Hello everyone!!

   I have installed openldap2.0.23 on solaris machine. I have written a program to talk to ldap server.

when I compile i get undefined reference for all the socket function that are used by liblber and libldap.a archives..

note:->I have all the network libraries installed in the machine..

Has any one faced this problem. Please guide me in this.

Here is the error I get when I compile

/usr/local/bin/gcc -o ldap main.o libotlldap.a ./lib/libldap.a ./lib/liblber.a -lpthread

socket                              ./lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)
getpeername                         ./lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)
gethostbyname_r                     ./lib/libldap.a(util-int.o)
getaddrinfo                         ./lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)
gai_strerror                        ./lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)
setsockopt                          ./lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)
freeaddrinfo                        ./lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)
inet_ntoa                           ./lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)
shutdown                            ./lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)
inet_ntop                           ./lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)
gethostbyaddr_r                     ./lib/libldap.a(util-int.o)
connect                             ./lib/libldap.a(os-ip.o)

Thanks in advance

--
Regards
Vadiraj C S