Re: LDAP Server installed - ldapadd, ldapsearch etc. kills slapdprocess, GQ works partially.

Hello!

> > I recently installed my OpenLDAP Server 2.1.25 with BDB 4.2.52 on RedHat 9,
> > and the LDAP Server seems to run. I'm able to browse the LDAP Server with GQ,
> > but i can't create entries. If i try to create an entry with ldapadd from a ldif file, i get
> > the following error:
> > "ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server."
> > Installed SASL Version: 2.1.10-4
>
> Did you recompile cyrus-sasl with BDB-4.2.52?

No, i didn't. I recompiled and installed SASL 2.1.17 now, following the "Slower and
Cleaner" installation procedure documented in the Cyrus SASL install.html carefully,
but I still get the same error when accessing the OpenLDAP Server via ldapadd or
ldapsearch. The slapd process gets terminated. "ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Can't
contact LDAP server (81)".

Do i have to do this before making / installing OpenLDAP?

Best Regards,
Michael Lackner
--
Montanuniversität Leoben
Institut für angewandte Mathematik und Geometrie