AUX objectclass an only one besides top

Hi,

last week I stumbled over a 3rd party objectclass definition from one of our
contractors and objects constructed from it.

The objectclass is an AUXILIARY one with SUP top and contains a few MUST and a
few MAY attributes.

Then an object is created having ony this objectclass and top as the only
objectclasses. The object's naming attribute is one of the MUST attributes
from the objectclass.

E.g.

objectclass ( OID NAME sample AUXILIARY SUP top
	MUST ( uid $ l )
	MAY ( givenname $ street ) )

dn: uid=1234,dc=adpm,dc=de
objectclass: top
objectclass: sample
uid: 1234
l: Munich
givenname: Peter

IHMO this construction is a bit odd since tha AUXILIARY objectclass is in fact
not auxiliary. It cannot be removed from the object since the object's naming
attribute is from the objectclass.

To my astonishment the thing works in OpenLDAP 2.1.25.

Is this an error in OpenLDAP ?
Or lies the error in my perception of this as an odd construction.

Peter

--
Peter Marschall
eMail: peter@adpm.de