Re[2]: [JunkMail] upgraded and all goes down...

Hello Howard,

>>         All is ruined. I've upgraded to cyrus-sasl-2.1.17,
>>         openldap-2.1.25 and cyrus-imapd-2.1.16, compiled auxprop
>>         plugin and... it's not working. Ldapdb plugin is not working.
>>         Nor fresh compiled from openldap-2.1.25 contribs, nor the old
>>         one from 2.1.23. I don't know how to take it all back.
>>         Tomorrow everything have to be OK. This message is a S.O.S.,
>>         i think.
>> getdn: u:id converted to uid=root,cn=auth
>> <<< dnNormalize: <uid=root,cn=auth>
>>
>>     And now, where this 'uid=root,cn=auth' comes from?! So, after that

   That 'root' - is my stupidity. I tested auth with 'imtest -u lan'
   while was logged to server as a root, and forgot about -a option.
   Sorry for that.

HC> You need another sasl-regexp rule to catch this. The proxyAuthz code in
HC> 2.1.25 slapd doesn't propagate the mech name, so the DNs don't match the
HC> normal SASL DN form. I guess this is a bug in 2.1.25, we've fixed it in CVS
HC> HEAD.

    Thanks to all of you, especially to Igor Brezac - you answer in a
    20 minutes and your message saves me, thanks a lot! I owe you beer :)

    Howard, i don't think it's a bug in openldap-2.1.25 server,
    because on 2.1.23 happens the same error (with ldapdb-auxprop from
    2.1.25 distfile and cyrus-sasl-2.1.17), and when i added those
    magic additional sasl-regexp - everything seems to be OK, no
    errors, no headache. Maybe it's auxprop plugin or cyrus-sasl-2.1.17?

--
Best regards,
 Alexander                            mailto:lan_mailing@startatom.ru