MORE INFO: problem compiling openldap

	I got a newer version of openldap v2.1.25 but the compile
	is exactly the same.  No sasl.

------------------------ original post below ------------
	Hello all

	I'm pretty new with using ldap, and have had a lot of
	problems compiling openldap v2.1.22

	I'm running on a RS6000 running AIX v5.2

	After consulting the FAQ and using the advice for aix 4<+> that
	I found there I finally was able to convince it that the the
	openssl stuff was there, and the Berkeley stuff too and using
	without-threads I got past the POSIX threads problem.

	This leaves me with it cannot find sasl.

	I put the includes & libraries in the CPPFLAGS and the LDFLAGS
	(LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LIBPATH do not good) I added the link
	from /usr/lib/sasl2 to /usr/local/lib/sasl2, I even included the
	/usr/local/lib/sasl2 and /usr/local/iinclude/sasl in the LDFLAGS
	and CPPFLAGS hence the yes for both sasl/sasl.h and sals.h
	but no matter what I get this.

checking for sasl/sasl.h... yes
checking for sasl.h... yes
checking for sasl_client_init in -lsasl2... no
checking for sasl_client_init in -lsasl... no
configure: warning: Could not locate Cyrus SASL
configure: warning: SASL authentication not supported!

	Can someone give me hand please?

	thanks in advance.

Walter North 406-444-2914
Operating Systems Programmer