Re: Update referrals not transmitted

On 17 Dec 2003 15:12:37 -0500 "Kent L. Nasveschuk" <kent@wareham.k12.ma.us> wrote:
> I was under the impression that the slave LDAP server is readonly.
> Changes need to be made to the master where they are propagated to the
> slaves.

In this case, the slave is apparantly not configured to be read-only and
the directories can become out-of-sync fairly easily.

Nevertheless, the way I understand it is that if an *attempt* is made to
update one of the slaves, the slave is supposed to return a referral to
the master and the client must then resubmit the update to the master,
where it is actually performed and propagated to the slaves, as you say.

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin21/replication.html#Overview

--
Anthony Chavez                             http://www.anthonychavez.org/
mailto:acc@anthonychavez.org                jabber:acc@anthonychavez.org