Re: ACL for only creating entry

søn, 14.12.2003 kl. 08.03 skrev adamtheo@theoretic.com:

> I had to change the below ACL suggestion slightly, replacing your "exact"
> with "base" (otherwise openldap wouldn't accept it), but no success. The
> account webregister is not able to see any of the children entries in the
> diorectory, as intended, but it is not able to create them at all. I get
> permission denied's.

Dunno if it helps, but I've always found ACLs the most exasperating and
difficult part of Openldap. I've also found that to give express
permissions to any parent tree and subtree, I have to enable this
expressly in my ACLs (don't forget line wrapping below):

access to dn=ou=contacts,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl
  by dn=cn=admin,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl write
  by group=cn=peoplemanagers,ou=people,ou=groups,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl
write
  by * read

access to dn=ou=contacts,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl
  attrs=children
  by dn=cn=admin,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl write
  by group=cn=peoplemanagers,ou=people,ou=groups,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl
write
  by * read

This is just an example, Ace's fancy stuff, dnregexps etc., comes in
addition.

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl