Re: Question

lør, 13.12.2003 kl. 20.16 skrev Monah Baki:

> We have in our company Netware 5 & 6, Solaris 5.8 and Win 2000. Is it possible to setup an
> openldap server to have users authenticate to it, rather than adding users to all the servers????
> Any URL will be helpful.

Certainly native NetWare will only authenticate to NDS/eDirectory. You
can "fool" Windows with a combination of Samba (use v3) and Openldap.

Why not use eDirectory across the board? It's available for all your
platforms (NDS for NetWare 5?), though I don't know if the nldap.nlm is
available for 5. You don't have to pay extra for NetWare or Linux, you
would have to pay a comparatively modest sum for Solaris and Windows.

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl
http://billy.demon.nl