Now OT: RE: stable?

tor, 11.12.2003 kl. 19.03 skrev James Courtney:

> P.S. I'm a HUGE fan of supported software since I find I'm not even close to enough of a genius to know all system level details of any OS I'd be running plus all details of any software we'd run on it (this is a pretty broad set of things for us).  The question is will my company pony up for the support:)

Your line goes only 1.3 km past my right margin, this time. Can't be
bothered to follow it.

Download and burn ES3 for free then: Linux à la RedHat is still Linux.
No support, no paper docs, bad conscience. At least it's a far better
long-term bet than RH 9.

ES3 is heavy, far more than 9 is. But it's utterly stable and reliable
(at least, with my 2.6.0-test9 ACPI self-compiled kernel.org kernel it
is); use it for production machines. I killed the standard Openldap
2.0.27 and installed self-compiled 2.1.25 - most of the supporting stuff
for that is standard on ES3.

--Tonni

--
mail: billy - at - billy.demon.nl