ldap_sasl_bind_s() vs. ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s()

Hello,

I'm trying to add SASL bind support to Ruby's LDAP module and I'm a
little confused by all the documentation and postings I've been reading.

Firstly, when is it appropriate to use ldap_sasl_bind_s()? I have some
code that appears to work when using ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s() to
do GSSAPI authentication in a Kerberos V environment, but I can't seem
to get this to work via ldap_sasl_bind_s(). Should I even be trying?

Also, if I look at ldap_bind(3), the function prototype for
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s() suggests that I need to pass 9 arguments,
but in reality, it seems that cctrls is not wanted. Is this an error in
the documentation?

Ian
--
Ian Macdonald               | To be trusted is a greater compliment than
System Administrator        | to be loved.