Re: Strict schema checking examples

Rajkumar S wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to install an ldap server and to get a feel of how it works,
using various examples around the net. But most of them do not work with
v3 and strict schema checking. I get errors like

additional info: naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry

which means i have some problem in the ldif files I tried, but it was
same thing I lifted straight from a ldap tutorial at

http://www.linux-mag.com/2002-01/guru_01.html

So can some one point towads a working example to setup a simple ldap
server.

btw, the ldif I tried was:

dn: dc=agni,dc=test,dc=com
dc: dc=agni
objectclass: top
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: agni.test.com

Use "dc: agni" instead of "dc: dc=agni". "dc" is the attribute name and "agni" its value, but you tried "dc=agni" as value, which corresponds to a DN

dc=dc=agni,dc=test,dc=com

This is the correct ldif

dn: dc=agni,dc=test,dc=com
dc: agni
objectclass: top
objectclass: dcObject
objectclass: organization
o: agni.test.com

regards
Andreas

and my slapd.conf is

backend         bdb
database        bdb
suffix          "dc=agni,dc=test,dc=com"
rootdn          "cn=admin,dc=agni,dc=test,dc=com"
rootpw          password
directory       "/var/lib/ldap"

Error is :

agni:~/ldap# ldapadd -x -D "cn=admin,dc=agni,dc=test,dc=com"  -W -f
test1.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "dc=agni,dc=test,dc=com"
ldapadd: update failed: dc=agni,dc=test,dc=com
ldap_add: Naming violation (64)
        additional info: naming attribute 'dc' is not present in entry

Rather than correcting this error, I am more interesting in finding out why this error happened, so any pointers with more information will be much appreciated.

thanks

raj

--
--  Andreas Gabriel