Re: achieve server redundancy

Well, you can do DNS round robin, creating a name with multiple A records
with each server's address.  Can be helpful.

A better way is to use a load balancing switch, like an Alteon or F5
switch.  Or look at the Linux Virtual Server project at
http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/

Usually, you can load balance slaves effectively, but you'll need to have
a single master online to handle actual update traffic.
-Alan

Alan Sparks, UNIX/Linux Systems Administrator    <asparks@doublesparks.net>