Re: Slurpd over SSL revisited

--On Wednesday, December 10, 2003 6:11 PM -0500 Thomas Cramer <cramert@musc.edu> wrote:

In one of the emails from last month on this topic I saw some people
adding "tls=on" or "tls=hard" in their replica setting.  When I add that
I get the following when I edit and attribute:
Initializing session to godel.musc.edu:636
ber_get_next failed.
Warning: ldap_start_tls failed: Can't contact LDAP server (81)
Initializing session to godel.musc.edu:636
bind to godel.musc.edu:636 as cn=Manager,o=MUSC,c=US (simple)
ber_get_next failed.
Error: ldap_simple_bind_s for godel.musc.edu:636 failed: Can't contact
LDAP server

TLS != SSL

SSL runs on 636, TLS runs on the normal ldap port. We do slurpd over TLS just fine, using port 389.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/TSS/Computing Systems ITSS/TSS/Infrastructure Operations Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html