Re: sasl version mismatch: 2.1.15 vs 2.1.17

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 08:35:18PM -0500, Igor Brezac wrote:
> What vendor?  There is no such thing.  I am not sure where you are going
> with this rant.  The software you are talking about is contributed to the
> community for free.  Sure it is not perfect, but it is very good and
> getting better.  You can make it better.  All all these projects welcome
> quality contributions.

Why is it that everytime someone points out something that he thinks is wrong
with a free project people get so worked up?

BDB is very good, we use it here with a 17Gb database (a single file!), which
is probably one of the biggest deployments, certainly the biggest one in the
subversion community (which is where we use it). We store all our released
linux distributions there, including updates. We wouldn't trust it to BDB if
there were serious problems with it. It works, and works well. We even had
unexpected power failures and not a single bit was lost.

This is getting off-topic fast, I don't want to start a flame war. I already
solved my problem, let's move on.