Re: sasl version mismatch: 2.1.15 vs 2.1.17

On Tue, Dec 09, 2003 at 01:16:13PM -0800, Howard Chu wrote:
> As an example, BDB 4.1.17 changed its db_open API and added an additional
> parameter in the middle of the parameter list. The API is completely
> incompatible with what came before it, but the minor version is still the
> same. The version number is > 4.0 so we should be happy with it, from a

This is an example of a vendor (Sleepycat) who doesn't care about incompatible
changes between minor release. Bad cat :)

With this type of vendor one cannot rely on the soname (if it contains only
the major version) at all. That's why I asked if cyrus-sasl had such behaviour
in the past.