Password management and options in OpenLDAP / pam_ldap

I have implemented OpenLDAP as an authorization networked service for my Linux environment.  I am now looking for how to or if it is possible to take advantage of some of the standard security features of /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow.  These features would include:

* Password expiration
* Force Password change on next login
* Warning of password expiration
* (and in the case of Linux) password strength tests.

Can any or all of these be used when LDAP is the authentication utility?  If so how?

Thank you!
Eric Sammons
(804)697-3925
FRIT - Unix Systems