LDAP Sync Replication Question

Hi,

playing around with LDAP Synch Replication of HEAD I wonder
why no "syncConsumerSubentry" shows up in the consumer database.

In

http://www.openldap.org/devel/admin/syncrepl.html

is written

------------------------------->SNIP----------------------------
 When you run a consumer slapd(8), it will immediately perform
 either the initial full reload if cookie is NULL or too out of
 date, or incremental synchronization if effective cookie is
 provided.
-------------------------------<SNAP----------------------------

Since I created no ldif on the consumer site but just started the
consumer to consume, he did this since - as written above - the
cookie is NULL.

When I am looking around for a syncConsumerSubentry now there is
none.

I assume therefore if there wasn't a cookie (NULL) at the beginning
that stays that way. Otherwise I should transfer a (initial) ldif
and import it with the "slapcat -r" to convert syncProviderSubentry
into syncConsumerSubentry, correct?

Uwe

Uwe Hering, Consultant
SUSE LINUX AG, Berliner Straße 27, D-13507 Berlin
T: +49 (0) 30 430 944 776  - M: +49 (0) 179 46 79 784
F: +49 (0) 30 43 73 28 04  - uwe.hering@suse.com
simply change to www.suse.com