Red Hat Implementation

Hi! Has anyone ever had any troubles dealing with the the OpenLDAP
version that comes with Red Hat? I've been trying to put a simple test
system together but I'm getting nowhere. I'm on my way to learning the
deployment of a company-wide LDAP+Samba PDC and I'm kind of in a hurry.

Why doesn't this version works out of the box with SASL and BDB, only
LDBM?

I'm having problems with slapadd with the simplest LDIF files possible.
I get some parse errors now and then.

Also, when I DO manage to add some entries, I can't get any results from
queries. But if I use slapcat, all of the entries are there!!

Any reccomendation for the best Linux system for running LDAP+Samba PDC.
Or FreeBSD maybe?

Tnx,

Jim Krebs