Re: 'quote-insensitive' search

man, 01.12.2003 kl. 17.22 skrev Hallvard B Furuseth:

> > Is there any way to make 'enhanced searches' that allows not only ignore
> > case, but also quoted characters as vocals, so I can find names that
> > include á, é, ü, etc.? For example, find 'López' searching (sn=lopez).
>
> Sorry, no.  What you can do is to store the unaccented version of
> the name invisibly in the directory, as follows:
>
> Put this in slapd.conf:
>
>     # Subtypes of "name" (e.g. "cn" and "ou") with the
>     # option ";x-hidden" can be searched for/compared,
>     # but are not shown.  See slapd.access(5).
>     attributeoptions x-hidden lang-
>     access to attr=name;x-hidden by * search
>
> Then store this in the directory:

>     sn: López
>     sn;x-hidden: Lopez
>
> Now the filter (sn=lopez) will match 'sn;x-hidden: Lopez', but thanks to
> the 'access' directive above, that value won't be returned from the

Could be that I'm misunderstanding all of this, but my method is the
other way around.

I have a posixAccount user cn=Gøran (dunno how this will look on the
list, but that's G'oslash'ran). I put him in as cn=Goran, but since cn
is a multi-value attribute I also put him in as cn=Gøran (same record).
Now ldapsearch works either for Goran or Gøran. The ldif looks like:

dn: cn=Goran,ou=people,ou=groups,dc=billy,dc=demon,dc=nl
[...]
cn: Goran
cn:: R8O4cmFu
[...]