RE: Can I bind to server with DN not on server ?

You'll see that I went down pretty much this path on openldap-devel several
months ago. But the notion of a proxyAuth control for Bind was rejected.

The OpenLDAP 2.2 back-ldap can handle most of what's needed here, since it
supports connection sharing already. The only piece missing is the use of the
proxyAuth control for the proxied requests, which shouldn't be too hard to
add.

Proxy authorization policy is already controlled using the sasl-authz-policy
directive and its associated attributes. I don't see any reason to introduce
a new permission mechanism here.

  -- Howard Chu