Re: SSL/TLS help

hi matthew,

it works like this. i don't know which OS you are using, but i've this setup
working for a homogenous linux-network. you've got to specify -ZZ btw if you
use ldapsearch to get tls-authentication. should you use only linux, you can
shut down port 636, it won't be used.

first set up the whole functionality without any TLS/SASL/etc., just the
bare ldap-connections.
if you got that working, create a certificate with your own CA like
described in this manual, that i can't find anymore on the net and therefore placed
on my webspace:
http://rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de/~scm34435/OpenLDAP_TLS_howto.html
having that, tell your slapd.conf the location of your certificates and
keys. if you authenticate and automount via ldap, tell
pam_ldap.conf/libnss_ldap.conf (on the clients) that they should use startTLS (use start_tls) and
specify the location of cacert.pem on the clients /etc/ldap.conf.
that should do.

good luck
markus