RE: [openldap 2.1.12 + BerkeleyDb 4.1.24] db_checkpoint pb

I don't know which FAQ you are referring to, so I can't comment on that. I
can tell you, though, that this is the checkpointing/archiving method we
recommend to our customers who are using our commercial builds, and they are
quite happy with it.

Your checkpoint statement will cause a checkpoint every 15 minutes or 250K
of log data. This is four times more frequent than your crontab, so it may
have an adverse impact on performance. OTOH, it provides a bit better
recovery capability if your system should ever go down. The values you come
up with for checkpoint need to be those that work best for the way you are
using OpenLDAP.

In the end, all opinions are worth what you paid for them and Your Mileage
May Vary ;-)

Cheers,

Matthew Hardin
Symas Corporation
Packaged, certified, and supported LDAP software:
http://www.symas.net/download