Re: Invalid credentials

Thanks for the response.  That makes a little more sense now.  But isnt
it possible to have pam_ldap attempt to authenticate the same way the
ldap search does (forcing sasl external auth).

Basically I am replacing NIS with an ldap directory so all account info,
uids, gids are stored in LDAP, however the authentication is made by
(LDAP->SASL->PAM->RADIUS) which worked in my first case.  Is there a way
to have pam_ldap behave the same way?  Is there someway to forcefully
allow anonymous binds for pam_ldap to allow this to happen? i have the
following ACL in my slapd.conf

access to attr=userPassword
        by self write
        by * auth