RE: Intro and question

At a site where UIDs need to be uniform (e.g., for the benefit of NFS) it's
advisable to keep GIDs uniform as well.

As for maintaining node-specific user information - I'd suggest extending
nss_ldap to support searching for child entries of users, and having the
node-specific variants live in those child entries. Note that this is an
nss_ldap question, not specifically an OpenLDAP software question; the
discussion properly belongs on the nssldap@padl.com mailing list.

  -- Howard Chu