ITS #2623 (out of order replog)

I have just been bitten by this bug running 2.1.22 on RH9 where a modrdn
was followed immediately by a modify to the master (which did both with
no problems), but the replog was out of order and the modify was
attempted on the slave before the modrdn was done.  Thus a reject file
was created which when given to a oneshot slurpd worked.

I see that ITS #2623 addresses this issue, but has been closed
apparently saying that syncrepl is to be our salvation in this area.

However, isn't syncrepl only on the 2.2 beta code?  Anyone have
suggestions about how to minimize (or remove) the chances for this race
to the replog in 2.1?

Thanks,
Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===