Re: How To Modify Schemas

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Jason C. Leach wrote:

> > Make your own custom schema file, with your own OID, and include it.
>
> Is there any special way to create an OID or just pick my favourite
> numbering scheme.  Also, must I create my own object class?

Hie thee to www.alvestrand.no/harald/objectid/ amongst other places.

If you pick your own, the 'Net will kill you.  And if you modify a
standard element, your successor will kill you.  Define your own,
basing them upon standard elements if necessary.

This is all covered in the Admin Manual (8.2 or thereabouts).

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9906-7866  Fx: 9906-1556
Corinthian Engineering, Level 1, 401 Pacific Hwy, Artarmon, NSW 2064, Australia