Re: AW: bdb bad performance again (really need help)

Hi Quanah,

I see your points.

But the reason I started using bdb was, because the mailinglist was full of
'use bdb' advisories.

I use 1.0.27 with ldbm now and it has only ONCE failed me in over 3 years.
Cool.

Now I am using 2.1.22 (everyone says: UPGRADE) and bdb.

I am not having problems, altough I am seeing strange behaviour with
apache_mod_auth_ldap, which I am investigating at the moment.

But on the list many things are said about performance and crashing and the
need for excessive big caches and bdb 4.2 that isn't being released and so
on.

Why don't I go back to ldbm ? What are the penalties ? I maintain < 10.000
entries...

Greetings,
ace