Re: Reg: Openldap for 64 bit

Hello Aaron,

I've the same problem still.
FYI, i have given gdb result(by setting breakpoint in daemon.c) below.

-----------------------------------
32 bit - works fine - NO error as below
============

index sn 0x0716
index ou 0x0716
bdb_db_open: dc=kt,dc=com
slapd starting
daemon: added 9r
daemon: select: listen=9 active_threads=0 tvp=NULL
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: new connection on 13
[Switching to thread 2 (system thread 10007)]

Breakpoint 1, slapd_daemon_task (ptr=0x7af07c50) at daemon.c:1592
1592                            switch ( from.sa_addr.sa_family ) {

64 bit -  error as below
================
line 60 (rootdn         "cn=Manager,dc=kt,dc=com")
line 64 (rootpw ***)
line 68 (directory openldap-data)
line 71 (index           cn,sn,ou    pres,eq,sub)
index cn 0x0716
index sn 0x0716
index ou 0x0716
bdb_db_open: dc=kt,dc=com
slapd starting
daemon: added 10r
daemon: select: listen=10 active_threads=0 tvp=NULL
daemon: activity on 1 descriptors
daemon: new connection on 14
[Switching to thread 2 (system thread 9626)]

Breakpoint 1, slapd_daemon_task (ptr=Error accessing memory address 0x0:
Invalid argument.
) at daemon.c:1592
1592                            switch ( from.sa_addr.sa_family ) {
(gdb) q

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
-sadha

> You mean you're having trouble finding the ITS? It's in "Build":
> http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Build?selectid=2760
>
> Keep in mind that it might not be the same problem you're having; I'm only
> noting that our symptoms were identical. In particular, #2760 involves
> slapd dying. If it's still running once ldapsearch complains then I'd be
> investigating ldapsearch more, or perhaps try connecting with a different
> client, to rule out issues with slapd.
>
> On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Rahul wrote:
>
> > Hello Aaron,
> >
> > Thanks for the mail, but i'm still facing same pbl . I'm niot ablke find
> > ?ITS #2760, but i tried with ITS #2459.
> > plz help me to resolve this.
> > FYI,OpenLDAP - 2.1.22
> >         OS - HP-UX
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > -sadha
> >

> > > I had similar symptoms under Solaris sparcv9 with the Sun compiler. (I
> > > assume slapd is dying, hence your bind error.)  It turned out to be a
> > > memory alignment issue. See ITS #2760 at http://www.openldap.org/its/
for
> > > a fix.
> > >
> > > gcc didn't exhibit the problem, so if you have access to multiple
> > > compilers, trying a different one might also provide a workaround.

> > having

> > gives

> > ---

---