Re: Can't contact LDAP server

If I don't declare the host and port

/usr/local/bin/ldapsearch -d 9 -x -ZZ -b 'dc=qwestip,dc=net' '(objectclass=*)'

I get the real error message

[....]
ldap_msgfree
TLS trace: SSL_connect:before/connect initialization
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv2/v3 write client hello A
TLS trace: SSL_connect:SSLv3 read server hello A
TLS certificate verification: depth: 1, err: 19, subject:
/C=US/ST=VA/L=Arlington/O=Qwest
Communications/OU=IPNNS/CN=Systems/emailAddress=systems@qwestip.net, issuer:
/C=US/ST=VA/L=Arlington/O=Qwest
Communications/OU=IPNNS/CN=Systems/emailAddress=systems@qwestip.net
TLS certificate verification: Error, self signed certificate in certificate
chain
TLS trace: SSL3 alert write:fatal:unknown CA
TLS trace: SSL_connect:error in SSLv3 read server certificate B
TLS trace: SSL_connect:error in SSLv3 read server certificate B
TLS: can't connect.
ldap_perror
ldap_start_tls: Connect error (91)
        additional info: error:14090086:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed

This is my first time trying to use Secure LDAP

Any help with this is greatly appreciated

--
Asif Iqbal
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B686E08