Re: ldapsearch need help

On miércoles, novi 5, 2003, at 11:20 Europe/Madrid, François Beretti wrote:

Joaquin Henriquez (TL/EEM) wrote:

Hi,
I have this two subscribers,
cn=123457890,ou=subscribers,o=company
allowmt=false
cn=0987654321,ou=subscribers,o=company
allowmt=true
How can I filter for attribute values????? if I do/
ldapserach -b "ou=subscribers,o=company" `(objectclass=*)` allowmt
Both of the values will appear, and if I put allownt=true both of them appear as well.
Can somebody help on this please need it urgently.
Thanks,
Joaquin

Hello,

the condition you speak about has to be put in the filter :
replace "(objectclass=*)" with "(&(objectclass=*)(allownt=true))"

see RFC 2254 "The string representation of LDAP search filters"

the arguments you give after the filter are the attributes returned by the search, use it if you only need one attribute for example

Hope I have helped you

François

Hi Francois for the quick response I really appreciate it.

I try that posibility and put:
[root@DS-01] /opt/home/oracle>> ldapsearch -p 38900 -b "ou=subscribers,o=company" '(&(objectclass=person)(allowmt=true))'
ldap_search: DSA is unwilling to perform
Additional info: Function Not Implemented
[root@DS-01] /opt/home/oracle>>

But it is giving me this error I search on the google but it seems it is an error in the authentification????

BR,

Joaquin