RE: Proxy Ldap Backend for Ipswich Imail

If the remote server is an LDAPv3 server (as it generally must be for
OpenLDAP 2.1 back-ldap/back-meta) then it should have a subSchemaSubEntry
listed in its rootDSE. Query that, and retrieve the remote server's schema,
it will certainly contain the attributeType definition for the domainName
attribute. Paste that definition into your proxy's schema and you're all set.
Your problem has nothing to do with objectClasses.

  -- Howard Chu