Re: OpenLDAP backup

You are taking a risk by copying the LDBM dbb files when slapd is running and
has write access to the dbb files. There is a chance that your backup is
inconsistent and thus unusable. The way LDBM uses BerkeleyDB does not allow
hot-backup like it is possible when using the BDB backend. The most safe way
for LDBM backup is to restart your slapd in read-only mode, copy the dbb
files to a temp directory, restart slapd in read/write mode and start the
backup of your dbb files from the temp directory.

Regards,

Erik