Re: dn2id.dbb and id2entry.dbb files

It's in the names of the dbb files. The id2entry.dbb file contains the full
entry mapped to an id, hence the name id2entry. The dn2id.dbb file contains
mappings between the dn of an entry and the id of the entry. The
[index-attribute name].dbb files contain mappings between indexed attribute
values and the id's of the matching entries in id2entry.dbb. That's how all
dbb files of teh OpenLDAP ldbm and bdb backend link together. When the
backend performs a search with an index attribute as key, it will search the
index dbb files for a match, get the id linked to the match and retrieve the
entry from id2entry.dbb by using the id found when searching the index dbb
file as a key.

Regards,

Erik